Online textbook log-in: ClassLink (use your SHS network username and password, then select the TCI logo)
Assigned class surveys: Formative
Assigned class readings: Actively Learn
Digital work submissions: Turnitin
Reflection space: SeeSaw
Today we worked on:
1. Civil War Presentations
2. Notes on Civil War Battles - (see google slides "Road to War" 11/22 section- we only got to the Gettysburg Address slide)
No HW - Congratulations on finishing your SS Research Papers
1. Civil War Presentations.
If you are absent for both today and tomorrow. Please read and take notes on Chapter 10. Submit on Monday.
If you are absent Wednesday please use information from Chapter 10 to complete the rest of your pink worksheet title "Civil War Presentations Notes" - Submit on Monday
Research Paper deadline 5pm Wednesday
1. Civil War Presentations Work Period
Bring in whatever props you group needs for your presentations tomorrow.
Continue working on research paper (final version submitted by Wed.)
1. Peer editing our Polished Drafts. You will turn in the polished draft and the peer edit form after you submit your final version. Please keep these papers.
If you were absent: Please use this peer edit form2781.SS Fall Research Paper.doc and ask someone (friend, peer, sibling, parent) to provide some feedback to help you improve your paper.
2. Goformative.com "Essay Process Reflection"
The final due date for your Research Paper is Wednesday 11/22. Submit to Turnitin.com only (No printed copy necessary)
1. Discussion of the cause of the Civil War
2. Your CHOICE to turn in either the Chapter 9 Road to War Worksheet OR the Slavery Opinions Worksheet (assigned 11/14).
3. Civil War Presentations. Steps 1 and 2 (if you are absent, see teacher for your group assignment)
Bring PRINTED copy of polished draft and submit to turnitin.com - Peer edit day tomorrow!
1. Instructions on block quotes, intros and conclusions - see google slides "Fall Research Paper Instructions"
2. Work time on intros.
Continue working on your polished draft - PRINT and turnitin.com copy due Friday
1. Primary Source analysis on Slavery Opinions: Slavery Opinions and Worksheet.pdf2. Complete the backside of the worksheet using knowledge from the primary sources and your understanding of concepts from Chapter 9
Worksheet due on Thursday. Bring Chapter 9 Worksheet Thursday.
Attend a performance of The Mousetrap and bring a stamped program (you will receive the stamp at the end of the performance) to class by Monday 11/20.
Show Times: November 15-18th at 7:00pm each night (November 18th has an additional show at 2:00pm)
1. Work time on our rough drafts.
Bring a PRINTED copy and submit to Turnitin.com for class tomorrow.
1. Citing sources correctly instruction (see google slides "Fall Research Paper Instructions")
2. Work time on Rough Drafts. We will have one more in-class work day on Rough drafts on Monday
Complete Ch. 9 Worksheet (due Monday)
1. Notes on Immigration and Nativism. See Unit 3 Road to War google slides
Update: Chapter 9 Worksheet "Road to War" due on Monday 11/13
Outline for research project due by beginning of class tomorrow. Submit to Turnitin.com
1. Slavery data analysis. Link to post slavery data: Period 2
2. Work time on Road to Civil War worksheet (we will continue to work on this in class tomorrow): The Road to the Civil War Ch.9.docx
HW: Work on your Research Paper Outline
1. Turning in our works cited to Turnitin.com - using the "export" function from Noodle Tools.
2. Working on our paper outlines (can be done on NoodleTools or a Word or Google Doc):
Updated Due dates:
Outline (only 3-levels) Due on Thursday 11/09
First Rough Draft due on Tuesday 11/14
1. Thesis statement steps to success: See google slides "Fall Research Paper Instructions"
2. Library time: Sorting our note cards on NoodleTools and writing a thesis statement on the dashboard of NoodleTools
HW: Finish your working thesis on NoodleTools
1. Quiz - Doc. Analysis
2. Critically reading excerpts from Fredrick Douglass' Autobiography: Douglass.doc (Due Tuesday)
Research project total of 6 sources and 24 notecards
1. Library research time: 2 more sources and 8 more note cards
Due Tomorrow: A total of 5 sources and 20 notecards
Reminder: Doc. Analysis Quiz tomorrow. See agenda for Friday 10/27 for topics that might be covered on the quiz.
1. Research time in library. New required min. number of note cards per source is 4.
Due tomorrow: a total of 3 sources and 12 note cards.
1. Library research time on Fall Research Papers. We shared our project with Ms. Petersen via Noodle Tools.
2. If you are absent, or need additional help: Please watch video "Overview of Noodle Tools" under "files" -> "fall research paper resources."
HW due at beginning of class tomorrow:
1 source + multiple notecards (submit via Noodle Tools)
1. Study guide for Quiz on 11/02: New Nation Quiz Study Guide.docx
2. Research paper topic selection: SS Fall Research Paper.doc. Please see all research paper resources and documents under the "files" option above.
3. Working on our Jackson DBQ paragraphs. See google slides for guide.
Complete Jackson DBQ - submit all (opcvl and paragraph) in one document to Turnitin.com by Monday
Choose topic and research question for fall paper
1. Viewing The West Episode 2 "Empire on the Trails" and completing a viewing guide.
If you are absent today: please visit this website https://www.pbs.org/weta/thewest/program/episodes/two/index.htm. Read the introduction and choose 5 of the sections on the right side of the screen (see image below) to read and take notes on.
HW: Continue Working on the Jackson DBQ - we will discuss evidence and thesis statements tomorrow in class.
1. Work time on DBQ - finish analyzing all 10 documents. Analysis Due Thursday.
1. Andrew Jackson DBQ: Pick which set of documents you want to focus on: challenge or regular. Read background essay. Open up template and start OPCVL analysis of primary sources.
Andrew Jackson DBQ Reg. 11 Docs with intro.pdf
Andrew Jackson DBQ Challenge 15 Docs.pdf
Andrew Jackson DBQ Template.docx
Due Wednesday: Read intro and complete OPCVL for 3 documents.
Work Day Wednesday
Due Thursday: Complete OPCVL for total of 10 Documents
Due Friday: Choose evidence for paragraph
Due Monday: Response Paragraph submitted to Turnitin.com
1. Breakout EDU - Collaboration/problem solving/primary sources!!
HW: Changing America Paragraph due Tuesday (see agenda 10/019 for instructions)
Enjoy the long weekend!
1. Review and discussion of Ch. 8 Changing America events.
2. Source investigation - in class.
HW Due Tuesday: Analysis Paragraph on Ch. 8 - follow format listed below (click to enlarge)
1. Sharing our Presidential Toasts
2. How to take notes (teacher example: Changing America Ch. 8.3-6 Example Notes.pdf)
3. Work time for notes on Changing America
ss- Finish chapter 8.3-6 notes