Online textbook log-in: ClassLink (use your SHS network username and password, then select the TCI logo)
Assigned class surveys: Formative
Assigned class readings: Actively Learn
Digital work submissions: Turnitin
Reflection space: SeeSaw
Today we worked on:
1. Reflection Friday- posting on SeeSaw. If you were unable to post during class, try to post this weekend.
2. Group work on the American Founding Ideals
Complete 4.2 Worksheet timeline on Slavery
Complete Chapter 5 worksheet Road to Revolution (Text 5.1-5.3).docx
1. Digital Citizenship discussion
2. Work time to finish page 1 of 0385.Colonial Rights and Slavery in the Colonies (Textbook 4.3).docx. Packet is due on Monday. We will work with info from page 1 in class Friday.
Accessing textbook online: click on "Classlink" under Quick Links beneath the calendar on this webpage. Use your SHS network log-in info. Click on TCI icon. Install the extension for your browser and enable pop-ups if requested. Navigate to chapter 4!
Submit final version of immigration story to Turnitin.com
Bring peer edit form and rough draft to class Friday
1. Passing back work and discussing opportunity to redo "Mayflower Compact" worksheet. Redos must be completed in a DIFFERENT color pen and submitted by Friday 9/22. Please review these guidelines for help with critical reading:Critical Reading Google Slides
2. 13 Colonies Regions group work and class notes
1. Writing time for "My Immigration Story"
HW: Submit Rough Draft to Turnitin.com (Class ID: 16148714 enrollment key: juniors) AND print a copy for peer editing in class
1. Puritan review
2. 13 Colonies worksheet group work time - we will continue to work on this tomorrow and Wed.
3. My Immigration Story work time. We will have work time tomorrow, too. Rough draft due Wednesday
1. Reflection Friday
2. Reviewing Zinn article from Actively Learn
3. Early Colonial America Lecture. We also discussed and turned in the "Mayflower Compact" and "City on a Hill" worksheet.
1. Research 3 colonies and add notes to the "13 Colonies Worksheet" 13 Colonies Comparison Chart.docx (Due Monday)
Reminder: Monday we will have writing time for our "My Immigration Story"
1. Adding a timeline of colonial history to our notes (transfer from the "quiz" worksheet you received on Wednesday)
2. Read, Annotate and answer questions on:The Mayflower Compact and City on hill with questions.doc (Due Friday)
HW: Have Step 1 complete for My Immigration Story
1. Reviewed questions about "My Immigration Story"
2. Notes on Southeast, Southwest, and Plains NA Tribes
3. Pre-Quiz on Colonial American Timeline
HW: Actively Learn Howard Zinn Article due tomorrow
1. Checked out books
2. Reviewed and turned in our critically read "Song for the Dead" - added to our notes on people of Vancouver Island
3.Notes on Eastern Woodland Tribes
Double check that you have completed all the questions on your goformative surveys
1. Map work time for Native American cultural regions
2. Notes on Northwest Coast Tribes
1. Log into goformative.com (join code is PNTFXY) and complete the "Welcome Survey" and "Tech Survey"
2. Critically read "Song for the Dead" Copper Woman Song for the Dead.pdf
LA time with Ms. Morales and Spartan Day!
Syllabus due Monday!
1. Defining the American Dream and understanding how privilege impacts/interacts with our concept of the American Dream.
Welcome to the first day of 11th grade! This is where you will find a short description of what we worked on each day and what to work on for HW.
1. Getting to know our stengths
2. Reviewing Syllabus (please sign and return by Monday 9/12) Syallabus Morales Petersen 2017-18.docx
3. Classroom Norms using Work Habits, Collaboration, Citizenship and Initiative