Online textbook log-in: ClassLink (use your SHS network username and password, then select the TCI logo)
Assigned class surveys: Formative
Assigned class readings: Actively Learn
Digital work submissions: Turnitin
Reflection space: SeeSaw
Today we worked on:
1. Last New Deal presentation!
2. Junior Project topics (they will be chosen the Tuesday we return from break): JP Topics 2018.xlsx
3. Seating Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/BNfUM9pvwRPEnsBw2
4. Work time on 1930's Creative Projects
Study for Map Quiz
Complete Creative Projects: Bring creative project Friday, submit rationale to Turnitin.com
1. New Deal Presentations
2. Scottsboro Film
Work on 1930s culminating project
Prep for quiz tomorrow:
2. Scottsboro Boys
1930's creative project (due Friday)
US Map - study for retake on Friday
2. Began viewing Scottsboro and working on viewing guide.
Work on 1930's culminating creative project (due Friday)
1. Map Quiz
2. Intro and brainstorm for 1930's Culminating Project (Due Fri. 2/16):DOCX
3. Link for submitting New Deal presentations: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1N1NbSp_iCQHyiw3hOM-y5J0AizY7EPSgTvbTTNVAuF0/edit?usp=sharing
4. Began New Deal presentations
Submit your initial ideas regarding your 1930's Culminating Project to www.goformative.com
1. Reviewing Superman comics and turning in our Escapism/Hollywood Golden Age guided notes
2. New Deal presentation reminders and work time with partner.
New Deal presentations start tomorrow
Map Quiz tomorrow
1. Escapism and the Golden Age of Hollywood (see google slides and these guided notes: DOCX
HW (Due Thursday):
Read and take notes on Superman Comics: Superman Comic.docx
1. Turning in our FDR Inaugural critical read and response
2. New Deal Presentations assigned. See link for your group assignment: DOCX
3. Library Research Day for New Deal presentations. DOCX
HW: Study 20 minutes for map quiz
1. Map Study Time
2. Took a notes on what we learned from our peers' work. Link to Class List of Infographics: https://docs.google.com/document/d/10bafDJaxoL4D95i4D-PerO1lWQgcNM68sRvX9RtZEx0/edit?usp=sharing
3. Finished viewing Stormy Weather video and turned in viewing guide. (see link on agenda for 5/2 if you were absent)
4. Notes on the Dust Bowl (see google slides)
HW Due Tuesday:
Critically read (annotate) FDR's Inaugural Address and write 1 page (open format) response. DOC
1. Reflection Friday: Survey about our collaboration on the Infographic project (https://goo.gl/forms/NYRy2zkBhOcot5gO2)
2. Viewing "Stormy Weather" Film. If you were absent: Please watch the film (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSfzFWU5LbY) and complete the viewing guide: DOCX
1. Map study time
2. Infographic work time (due Friday). Submit to your group's google doc.
1. Map Study Time
2. Reviewing causes of Great Depression
3. InfoGraphic work time with group (due Friday):
HW: Be ready to contribute to your group's infographic tomorrow!
1. New Seats
2. Studying for our group map quiz. Blank Map: PDF
3. Understanding the causes of the Great Depression
HW: Skim Chapter 30 for understanding of terms. Set a timer for 20 minutes.
Congrats on finishing first semester!
1. Studying for finals - group review or independent review
Study hard and do your best on finals!
1. A little GG movie time
2. Kahoot! and general questions
HW: Study for finals!
1920's Speakeasy Party Day!
Thank you for the delicious treats, amazing costumes and stimulating conversations!
Things we turned in today:
Due Monday: Reflection write up for the speakeasy (page 2 in from the goldenrod packet)
1. Notes, discussion and analysis of Harlem Renaissance. See google slides and this worksheetDOCX (we did not turn in the worksheet).
Be ready for 1920s speakeasy tomorrow! Bring your poster!
1. Finals Study Guide passed out - available under the "files" tab above.
2. Work day to prep for Speakeasy party on Friday
HW Due FRIDAY:
UPDATED: Check out the "Files" tab and click on Finals Review for the Study Guide and any additional review materials.
1. Thesis writing for our 1920s celebrity poster
2. Resurgence of the KKK - notes and primary source analysis with discussion
3. Discussion of Confederate monuments in US (see google slides).
Continue working on 1920's celebrity poster and prep for Friday's seminar. Tomorrow is a work day.
1. Library research time on 1920s celebrities.
2. Discussing questions about Speakeasy activity.
3. Last day to submit late work for our current unit for partial credit is Fri. Jan. 19th
1920s celebrity research due to Turnitin.com by Tuesday beginning of class.
1. Assigning our celebrities to research for 1920s Speakeasy
2. Speakeasy Activity Instructions: DOCX. We focused on instructions regarding research (due Tues.)
3. Work time in Library on biographical research.
4. Turned in our Prosperity DBQ
Nothing due tomorrow. Keep working on research.
1. Modernists vs. Traditionalists Discussion and notes
2. Introducing which celebrities you can choose from for the 1920s speakeasy. We will pick tomorrow in class: DOCX
3. Work time on Prosperity DBQ: DOCX
Prosperity DBQ due Thurs.
1. Viewing a documentary on the 1920s. If you were absent, please review information from chapter 28.
2. Evidence gathering activity with the Red Scare articles.
3. We turned in our OPCVLs for the Red Scare
Read and take notes on Chapter 29: Traditionalists vs. Modernists due Wed.
2. Intro to 1920s: Attitudes post WWI and Seattle General Strike (see google slides for unit 6)
3. Red Scare documents: DOC
OPCVL document: DOCX