Great Gatsby Audio Link
Actively Learn for assigned readings
ClassLink Online textbook (use your SHS network username and password, then select the TCI logo). Need help? Click here for additional instructions.
Edpuzzle for viewing assigned videos
Noodle Tools for recording research and digital notecards
Office 365 for access to Word, Class Notebook, Teams and more.
Turnitin for digital work submission.
Today we worked on:
1. Study periods and 5th & 6th Period Finals
Study for finals
1. Kahoot! Review of Semester 1 history topics.
2. Independent review time.
Study for finals. Good luck!
1. Finished New Deal presentations. Class notes: Notes from ND Presentations 2019 Per.3_4.docx
2. Escapism: Golden Age of Hollywood and Comics (notes from Google Slides)
Superman Comic: 1651.Superman Comic.docx
3. Discussed essay structure for the final.
Study for finals (see study guide linked to agenda 1/10)
1. New Deal Presentations
2. Steinbeck Jigsaw. We completed our purple Grapes of Wrath worksheet. If you were absent, please read two additional Chapters (6237.Steinbeck Jigsaw Texts.docx) and summarize the theme on the backside of the Grapes of Wrath worksheet. Then complete the worksheet by writing a thesis about Steinbeck's work (prompt on worksheet).
3. Notes on Escapism and Golden Age of Hollywood Radio. If you were absent, please take notes on radio from the google slides (#43-48 on the U6 Arts and Literature google slides) and listen to 2 minutes of the radio clips embedded.
2. Steinbeck - notes, viewing of Grapes of Wrath, partner analysis of chapter excerpts.
1. Sharing your New Deal presentation by pasting a link or uploading your slides to this shared google slides: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gnSMXBnIY_ik7aduaqq48_BTO7G1cATA4uHnb9IcWQU/edit?usp=sharing
2. New Deal Presentations
3. Woody Guthrie - discussion
4. "Dust Bowl Ballads" in-class activity
5. Discussion Board on turnitin.com - in class activity
Steinbeck reading - critically read (due Wed). If you were absent, please choose one of the following Steinbeck excerpts to critically read and be ready for class tomorrow: 4087.Steinbeck Jigsaw Texts.docx
1. Turned-in FDR Letter
2. Discussed Scottsboro Boys. Turned-in Viewing Guide.
3. Woody Guthrie: Notes and analysis of "This Land is Your Land"
4. New Deal Presentations - Instructions for polished presentations:
5. Work time on New Deal Presentations
Prep for ND presentations (they begin tomorrow)
Guthrie Worksheet due tomorrow
1. New Deal Presentation researchInstructions: New Deal Presentation Instructions 2019.docx
Group Assignments: New Deal Group Assignments 2019.docx
Work day on Monday, presentations begin on Tuesday
If you were absent: Plan to meet with your group on Monday to begin research. You will present at the end of the week.
2. Scottsborro Video - we completed the viewing guide and turned-in.
If you were absent. Please research the end of the trial and complete questions 1-6 and 10-12. Complete the reflection response section, as well. Due Monday.
Begin review for Finals: First Sem Final STUDY GUIDE Integrated Petersen 2019.docx
1. Reading our Lange narratives (turned-in)
2. FDR New Deal notes (see google slides)
3. Listening to FDR's inaugural address: 1346.Inaugural Speech of Franklin Delano Roosevelt.doc
4. Letter in response to FDR's address:
Complete FDR letter (due tomorrow)
1. Dust Bowl Notes - see U6 SS google slides
2. Dorothea Lange analysis. See Unit 6 LA google slides. See teacher for worksheet.
If not completed during class, finish Lange narrative paragraph on back of worksheet.